The Bergen County VOAD
Recovery Information Center
221 Moonachie Road in Moonachie
Hurricane Sandy Long Term Recovery Committee (LTRC)
Hours: Tuesday – Friday 11 am – 5 pm (Thursdays until 7 pm) and Saturday 9 am to 2 pm. Closed Sundays and Mondays
About the Bergen County VOAD/LTRC: The Volunteer Center of Bergen County has been the sponsor of the Bergen County VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) since 1999, following Tropical Storm Floyd. The VOAD typically facilitates communication between the first responding organizations and the broad network of civic, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations in the community.
In response to Hurricane Sandy, organizations involved in the VOAD have banded together to form a Long Term Recovery Committee (LTRC). The LTRC has established working committees and is operating on a set of Assistance Protocols to help residents recover from the devastation of the storm.
Since the beginning, the Bergen County VOAD has worked nonstop to help affected communities return to normalcy. As of October 27, 2014, we have accomplished the following:
- Households in case management: 1046 households (3053 individuals)
- Closed cases: 675
- Households in SHRAP: 679 (1970 individuals)
- Major home repairs completed: 135
- Major home repairs in progress: 67
- Minor home repairs completed: 126
- Minor home repairs in progress: 28
- Home & mold inspections: 417
- Mold remediation completed: 359
- Mobile home insulation completed: 181
Administration – the Volunteer Center of Bergen County is providing administration, including staff for project management, case management, and volunteer coordination. We have established a Recovery Information Center at the First Presbyterian Church, 221 Moonachie Road, in Moonachie.