FEMA NFIP Claims Review Update
If you are a FEMA-NFIP policyholder and you want your Hurricane Sandy flood claim to be reviewed, you MUST opt-in to the review through any of the following methods:
- Calling toll-free at 866-337-4262.
- Download an application online and email it to FEMA – email@example.com.
- Fax by downloading an application online and submitting it to 202-646-7970.
Click on this link to download the application form.
For individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability using 711 or VRS, please call 866-337-4262. For individuals using a TTY, please call 800-462-7585.
Once you submit a request, it should take the caseworker less than 90 days to complete the review.
If you need information on the review process in languages other than English, Spanish and Russian, you can still call 1-866-337-4262 and ask for a translator.
For additional information, visit the FEMA website.
Housing Resources for Sandy-Impacted Residents
- Priority Housing for Sandy-Impacted Residents, click on this link for more information or call 1-877-428-8844.
- Greater Bergen Community Action (GBCA) is the agency that administers the Sandy Recovery Housing Counseling Program for Bergen county; GBCA continues to accept new clients for housing counseling. This program offers FREE housing counseling services to residents and homeowners affected by Hurricane Sandy. Call 201-374-8838 to schedule an appointment.
- Visit www.renewjerseystronger.org to complete the Superstorm Sandy Assistance Notification Form or call 1-855-SANDYHM (726-3946) for updates on the State’s housing recovery initiatives.
- Rental Assistance Program (RAP) to help homeowners in the State’s home rebuilding programs to pay for temporary housing while their primary residences are undergoing repair or elevation. Increased rental assistance is now available for residents. Click on this link for additional information.
FREE Legal Resources for Sandy-related Issues
Community Health Law Project (CHLP) – www.chlp.org or call 973-680-5599
Legal Services of New Jersey (LSNJ) – www.lsnj.org or call 1-888-222-5765
Northeast New Jersey Legal Services (NNJLS) – www.lsnj.org/nnjls or call 201-487-2166
Volunteer Lawyers for Justice – www.vlj.org or call 1-855-301-2525
——————————————————————————————————————————About the Bergen County VOAD Hurricane Sandy Long Term Recovery Committee Recovery Information Center located at St. Margaret of Cortona Church 31 Chamberlain Avenue, Little Ferry, NJ 07643 t. 201-957-2216 f. 201-497-2011
Hours: Monday – Friday 10 am – 5 pm.
About the Bergen County VOAD/LTRC: The Volunteer Center of Bergen County has been the sponsor of the Bergen County VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) since 1999, following Tropical Storm Floyd. The VOAD facilitates communication between the first responding organizations and the broad network of civic, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations all working together to meet the storm recovery needs of Bergen county residents.